Friday, March 2, 2018

My Old General Electric Television, Playing March of the Wooden Soldiers



My Old General Electric Television, Playing March of the Wooden
Soldiers, 1934, with Laurel & Hardy, I bought this General Electric
TV on March 30, 1981, the day President Ronald Reagan is shot in the
chest. I was sitting in the Goodyear in Greenhills, in Nashville, and
was watching the news on this TV. Back then Goodyear sold Televisions!
This one was for sell, and I was watching the news on it while my 1970
Grand Prix was having new mufflers put on. I paid like $600.00 for this
TV off the display in the customer waiting area. It has been in one
shed and then the next for about 30 years. And look it still works :)
The VHS player is made by RCA and dates much later found it in the shed
as well ... Babes in Toyland is a Laurel and Hardy musical film released
on November 30, 1934. The film is also known by the alternate titles
Laurel and Hardy in Toyland, Revenge Is Sweet (the 1948 European reissue
title), and March of the Wooden Soldiers (in the United States).

No comments:

Post a Comment